What is a “SaaS” version?
As you may know, every year we release a new version of Odoo to both on-premises and Odoo Online users.
Our R&D team works hard all year to improve Odoo, and because we are so excited to share the latest features and improvements with our users, we periodically update Odoo Online in between major version releases. We call these intermediate versions “SaaS versions”.
Because of SaaS releases, our online users don’t have to go through major changes between each new version. Instead, they get upgrades on a regular basis and can enjoy parts of the next version before the on premise users.
So now, before the major release of Odoo 10, which will be available on-premises and online, we are proud to present version SaaS 11 to our Odoo Online users.
So what’s new in SaaS 11?
For this version, we focused most of our efforts on improving the API so it will run faster and be easier for developers to work with. This isn’t to say there’s nothing for the end user, though. We’ve made small changes to many apps to make them more intuitive and more useful. We’ve also introduced global keyboard shortcuts and a global search feature to make navigating Odoo quicker and easier than ever.
Below, we’ve listed the functional changes we’ve made.
- Timesheet app:
- New view for Timesheet recording
- Validation policy: decide to invoice on recorded timesheets or on approved one
- New report has been added to analyze the differences between attendances and timesheets
- New timesheet flow: Create timesheet entries using the mobile app, tasks, and/or the timesheet menu. Then, a manager approves them and launches the invoicing through the approvals menu.
- New Product Catalog app: install the Product app to access the catalog from your apps dashboard
- Accounting app:
- New module to import CAMT.053 XML files to populate bank statements
- Analytic accounting analysis
- Subscription app: new dashboard, cohort analysis, analysis by company and all companies
- Discuss app:
- Counter near starred items
- Users can now type some shortcuts directly in the text box. For example: /leave to leave the channel, /who to list who is in the channel and /help to see a list of commands
- New payment acquirer: Payumoney and payment Stripe
- Odoo WMS: picking form improvements, changes in delivery slips, variants menu entry
- Odoo Subscription: onboarding, adding tags on self subscriptions
- Odoo Accounting: Revenue recognition usability improvements
- New global search in the home page (start typing something to see relevant menus)
- Keyboard shortcuts: details on the top right menu on the home page
- New website dashboard
- Purchase: manage purchase agreement, blanket
And the SaaS 12 release is just around the corner, so stay tuned for more!