The project is an individual or collaborative enterprise, possibly involving research or design, that is carefully planned, usually by a project team, to achieve a particular aim
In ERPNext, Project management in is Task driven. You can a create Project and divide into multiple and assignable Tasks.
The project is generally has a broader scope, and hence not assignable to an individual. Hence, you can divide the Project into multiple Tasks. These can be assigned to an individual and tracked better.
These Tasks can be created from a Project itself or a Task can be created separately as well.
You can also track % Completion of a Project using different methods.
- Task Completion
- Task Progress
- Task Weight
Some examples of how the % Completion is calculated based on Tasks.
The Project Costing section helps you track the time, expenses and purchases incurred against the project.
- The Total Cost is composed of the costing amount from timesheets, the total cost of expense claims and the total cost of purchase invoices created against this project.
- The Gross Margin is the difference between Total Billed Amount and the Total Cost Amount for this project.
ERPNext gives you an illustrated view of tasks scheduled for that project in Gantt Chart View.
- To view Gantt chart against a project, go to the Task list and Apply filter on the Project.
Distributors have large part of their net worth is invested in the stock in hand. With ERPNext, you can always keep a birds eye view on your stock availability, replineshment, procurement and sales.
Distributors need to be on the top of their game always. From procuring the products to providing after-sales support for the same, they are an important part of the supply-chain.
There are three main types of entries
- Purchase Receipt: Items received from Suppliers against Purchase Orders.
- Stock Entry: Items transferred from one Warehouse to another.
- Delivery Note: Items shipped to Customers.
The Human Resources (HR) Module covers the processes linked to managing a team of co-workers. Most important feature here is processing the payroll by using Payroll Entry to generate Salary Slips. Most countries have complex tax rules stating which expenses the company can make on behalf of the Employees. There are a set of rules for the company to deduct taxes and social security from employee payroll. ERPNext allows to accommodate all types of taxes and their calculation.
It also maintains a complete employee database including contact information, salary details, attendance, performance evaluation, and appraisal records.